Summer’s here! With heatwaves forecast for July, why not stock up your drinks cabinet ready to make some fabulous summer cocktails.
Here are our summer favourites. Perfect to sip around the pool, at a barbecue or while enjoying the sunshine in the garden.
- White Port (we recommend Quinta Do Noval White Port)
- Tonic Water
- Lime Wedges to garnish
Simply fill a glass with ice. Add a measure of White Port and top with tonic water. Stir to mix. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy.
While Port is also fantastic on its own just poured over ice. For more information on White Port, check out our previous post here.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 tablespoons of Creme de Cassis
- 1 Bottle of Champagne (we recommend Deutz Brut Classic Champagne)
- Strips of tangerine or orange zest to garnish
Pour 1 tablespoon of Creme de Cassis into each glass. Fill with Champagne and garnish with zest. Serve immediately.
Summer Fruit Rose Sangria
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of blackberries
- Handful of hulled strawberries
- Handful of raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of fine sugar
- 5 tablespoons of Framboise
- 1 bottle of chilled rose wine (we recommend Cantina Campagnola Bardolino Chiaretto Classico)
- 10fl oz white cranberry juice
In a large jug, combine the fruit and stir in the sugar. Add the Framboise and allow to rest for 1 hour. Add in the wine and cranberry juice and serve chilled.
- 1 tablespoon of chilled white peach puree
- Chilled prosecco – (we recommend Mionetto Sergio Prosecco Spumante NV)
Add the peach puree to the bottom of a chilled champagne flute. Fill the glass halfway with prosecco and stir well. Allow the froth to settle and top up with prosecco.
Enjoy Your Summer!
Hope you enjoy your summer and these drinks recipes.
To help you do just that you can enjoy 10% off all orders placed through our online shop – just enter code SUMMER2015 at the checkout*.
* Offer applies to all orders (excluding delivery) placed before midnight on 31st July 2015.